MarketEdge PM Comments
Sep 22, 2023
Good Evening, grains are lower after todays session. December corn futures are down 7 pennies closing at 475^2. November bean futures are down 26^2 closing at 1293^6. Wheat also closed 13 cents lower on the day.
- Risk off selling puts pressure on all markets across the board, and is the main reason for the fall off today.
- Soybean sales exports last week were at 16 billion bu. and only to a handful of buyers- including China.
- As harvest gets going, be sure to have a plan with unpriced bushels that will not be in, on farm storage. Talk to your originator about possible plans.
- Lower Mississippi River levels are not expected to change much if at all, which will continue to pressure the cash bean market.
- Livestock finish in the red, as hogs and and cattle close lower.
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq, the S&P, and gold all finish lower.
Have a good evening,
Read More News
Sep 30, 2023
Grains ended up in the red headed into the weekend.
Sep 29, 2023
Good Morning. It is Report Day. At 11am, USDA will release the highly anticipated Quarterly Stocks Report.
Sep 28, 2023
Corn and soybean futures were lower overnight.