Select Pricing Program Bi-Weekly Updates!
Since our last update the only trade we made was to buy back the small amount of short dated corn calls we sold in early March. As we approached the Quarterly Stocks report on March 31st we decided to take the profit on that trade as opposed to risking the potential volatility of the report. At this point with 90 million acres of corn projected to be planted we feel the weather market in the coming months will allow for volatility and upside beyond what we have seen so far this winter and therefore remain patient.
In soybeans we continue to be 30% sold for fall at 10.32 in addition to owning a put which essentially takes our percentage sold to 80%. However, we anticipate selling this put position shortly to take profit and look for other opportunities to sell futures during the key weather months. In the deferred positions we have calls sold at levels well above the market that should provide some premium at some point, but at this stage have yet to lock in any futures
River Valley Cooperative's MarketEdge Program is designed to provide grain producers flexible pricing programs and delivery options based on the needs of your farming operation. Utilize futures and basis contracting to support pricing opportunities on grain marketing.
We offer transportation and logistics support for timely and cost effective delivery to market. In addition, utilize technology services aimed to improve the communication, execution and recordkeeping of your grain marketing supported by your Grain Marketing Team.
• Receive emailed grain comments every morning and afternoon
• Receive updates on government report data and market implications
• Receive marketing bulletins and strategies
Subscribing is fast and easy! Visit our homepage, look for the MarketEdge Newsletter box on the right side of the page, add your email address and click "Subscribe".
• River Valley Cooperative mobile-friendly website – rivervalleycoop.com
• Sign up for direct deposit of grain settlements
• Receive contracts electronically and access to other customized reports
• Sign up for text alerts via your mobile phone
• Leave a price offer or sell grain electronically through the River Valley Cooperative/DTN Offer Portal and market grain 24 hours a day
• 24-hour marketing capabilities
• First access to HTA contracting, basis programs and other marketing opportunities
• Best market pricing
• Delivery options including farm pick-up programs
For more information on any of our grain services, contact River Valley’s grain marketing team:
River Valley Cooperative is dedicated to delivering personalized services and expert solutions that enhance and ensure the long-term viability of our customer-owners, employees and communities.